One of the marvelous things about the modern world is that when you publish a game electronically, people around the world can buy and download it instantly. Microscope games have popped up all over the globe, but now Denmark seems to be the latest nation to get the fractal history bug…
- Utopia The Second Coming and Fall — Detailed discussion along with the history summary. [original Danish]
- A Song of River & Mountain — A Game of Thrones inspired setting, plus a follow-up post with the history outline. [original Danish]
- Who Colonizes the Colonizers? — Lt. Agent Orange Jar is my hero.
- Time Portals of Mars — Warning: contains time-travel.
- Freshman Year — More short form madness from Story Games Seattle. It “began as a more realistic account of the challenges a pair of girls meet in their first year of university but radically swerved into something more sinister toward the end…”
- City Building with Microscope — Hacking the rules to make a city instead of a history.
- Gloriana Invicta — Alt-history Elizabethan era. The second Spanish Armada conquers Britannia but the Gloriana Invicta resistance (“Elizabeth unvanquished”) continues the fight for Queen and country.
Definitely need more realistic alt-history. Good stuff.